By Judith Rossner
Initially released in paper shape, via Houghton Mifflin, 1983 (ISBN: 03953397)
From the New York Times bestselling writer of Looking for Mr. Goodbar— the tale of 2 ladies, a psychoanalyst and her sufferer who support one another via very assorted sessions of their lives.
When sunrise Henley, the gorgeous, gifted Barnard university freshman steps into psychoanalyst Dr. Lulu Shinefeld’s place of work, she’s instantly intrigued. What may have pushed this woman to such severe degrees of melancholy? Over the process 5 years, Dawn’s strange and tortured youth is drawn out, and either girls are necessarily replaced.
Read or Download August PDF
Similar psychoanalysis books
'Joseph Breuer's celebrated sufferer, Anna O. , specified psychoanalysis to be a "talking cure". She used to be right insofar as psychoanalysis does position conversation on the middle degree. despite the fact that, the focal point upon the patient's and therapist's talking actions diverted consciousness from how the 2 events take heed to one another.
Explores Lacan's thought of the registers via readings of a wide selection of texts. the opposite aspect of hope places Jacques Lacan's theoretical constructs to paintings on texts as diversified as Plato's Symposium, Hamlet, Tootsie, and the journals of Sylvia Plath, making the ideas of Lacanian research obtainable to a wide selection of readers.
Kenneth Sanders' publication combines a old method of the literature of Freud, Klein and the publish Kleinian improvement, with demonstrations of the significant function of dream research. scholars and practitioners of psychoanalysis and psychotherapy, educationalists, social scientists, medical professionals, and alll those that worth the endeavour to counterpoint their paintings with mind's eye will locate tremendous foodstuff for idea in those seminars, either within the survay of the literature, the case histories defined, and within the concluding query and solution debates.
When you consider that Freud's preliminary papers on transference and countertransference, those colossal and inexhaustible matters have occupied psychoanalysts. Transference and countertransference, the essence of the patient/analyst dating, are options so significant to psychoanalysis that, to our minds, they go beyond theoretical orientation and, therefore, could be visible because the unifying concentration of psychoanalysis.
- Reclaiming Unlived Life: Experiences in Psychoanalysis
- Letters of C. G. Jung Vol 2 1951-1961
- On Being Normal and Other Disorders: A Manual for Clinical Psychodiagnostics
- The child's unconscious mind : the relations of psychoanalysis to education
- History Beyond Trauma
Extra info for August
60 = Mk. - 1 Budapest, July 8, 1914 Dear Professor, In consequence of your telegram of today, I am arriving in Vienna Saturday evening and am staying in the Pension Washington. From there I will get in touch with you for further information regarding time and place of our meeting. Kind regards, Ferenczi I. Preprinted letterhead. July 19 14 2 487 July 13, 19 14 1 Villa Fasholt, 2 Schlossberg Freud 1. Picture postcard from Karlsbad, evidently without text but with Freud's signature only. The original is missing from both the photographs and the collection of the Austrian National Library in Vienna.
6. These were the last two of Freud's technical papers written between 1911 and 1915, which appeared in the Zeitschriit in November 1914 and January 1915: "Recollecting, Repeating, and Working Through (Further Recommendations on the Technique of Psycho-Analysis II)" (1914g), and "Observations on Transference-Love (Further Recommendations on the Technique of Psycho-Analysis III)" (191sa ). 489 Karlsbad, July 18, 1914 You must be surprised at how much time I have in Karlsbad to write. But I am here for the first time undisturbed without the Emdens, am spending the day very comfortably with my wife, and am still maintaining an excess of freshness and a desire for work.
I am really working on an article on technique' that isn't even unimportant. But today's letter is totally editorial. Above all, you should be happy to know that you can strike Maeder from the credits of the Zeitschrift. ' According to Abraham's report, there is no longer any doubt that we will get rid of them all. The letters that are circulating will give you further information. Furthermore, I notice in the issue of the Zeitschrift which arrived today a number of stylistic errors, on account of which I request that the guilty party-Reik-be grasped by his ears.